[swift-evolution] [Proposal] allow protocol extensions to contain inheritance clauses

Sash Zats sash at zats.io
Thu Dec 24 23:05:13 CST 2015

Hello,
I ran into several cases when it would be desirable to add an inheritance
clause B in the protocol extension A. Briefly, my proposal is that compiler
should not produce an error once `extension A: B` implements all the
functions of the protocol B, making it formally confirming to it. Sadly,
currently, there is no elegant way to mark the conformance formally.
A more detailed draft can be found here
https://gist.github.com/zats/52476a83627f5e4c0a85
I would really appreciate your feedback and thoughts on this.
Thank you.