[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Make `didSet` also available for `let` property, or something new such as `didInit`

shengjia wang wangshengjia01 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 16:02:28 CST 2015

@Félix,

For the first point, the issue you talked about isn't new. We can enter
into that mess easily right now just by changing `let` to `var`.

For the second point, well.. I agree with you and @Michel, thank you guys.
It do make sense, I should've noticed it earlier. This is not an
appropriate solution to make the current "didSet" keyword available for
`let` property.

But I'm still thinking it should not be a problem at all if we add
something new, such as "didInit", which only get called for the very first
time when property is assigned a value.

What do you think?