[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Make `didSet` also available for `let` property, or something new such as `didInit`

Michal Pearse mikethegirl at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 14:27:07 CST 2015

I feel like this would be an unexpected way of doing things.

Why would I want to separate my set-up code from my init() without any
immediately obvious link between the two?

If your init() is getting unwieldy, perhaps a cleaner solution is to simply
decompose some of the setting up into smaller (private) methods that are
then called by the init()? At least when it is done this way, you can
immediately see that other stuff happens from within the init() method
without having to think about whether a will/didSet might have been called
on a property.