[swift-evolution] [Review] Tuple comparison operators

Curt Clifton curt at omnigroup.com
Wed Dec 23 11:52:53 CST 2015

> On Dec 21, 2015, at 2:03 PM, Dave Abrahams via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> 	* What is your evaluation of the proposal?

The proposal should be approved.

> 	* Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Yes. Although there's an increase in the runtime size, it's minor at the proposed arity. It will also be at least somewhat offset by individual apps, etc., no longer needing to define their own tuple operators.

> 	* Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes.

> 	* If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

This feels like a reasonable first step towards Haskell's `deriving (Eq, Ord)`.

> 	* How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

I did a quick re-read of the proposal and have read the thread leading up to it.

— Curt