[swift-evolution] Community Proposal: "This Week In Swift" newsletter

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Wed Dec 23 02:48:40 CST 2015

> During the development of Rust prior to v1.0, one of the things that really helped with keeping up with changes (both in the language and in the stdlib) was Corey Richardson's weekly newsletter/blog titled This Week In Rust. Since 1.0, that was actually turned into its own website at https://this-week-in-rust.org and appears to still be going strong (although I assume someone else has taken over responsibility at this point).

Back when I was a teenager arguing with people about Perl 6's design, we had a similar newsletter and it was very helpful. This is a great way for someone who has free time to contribute to the development of Swift, even if you don't think you have the technical chops to modify a compiler or optimize an array implementation.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies