[swift-evolution] [Review] Tuple comparison operators (was: Add a Lazy flatMap for Sequences of Optionals)

Dmitri Gribenko gribozavr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:54:33 CST 2015

> * What is your evaluation of the proposal?

This is a very useful addition to the standard library, implemented
given current limitations of the language (without variadic generics).

The only concern is code size, and it will be mitigated by choosing a
reasonable number of overloads to implement.

> * Is the problem being addressed significant enough to warrant a change to Swift?

Yes.

> * Does this proposal fit well with the feel and direction of Swift?

Yes.  It would be even better if we could make tuples conform to
Equatable, Hashable and Comparable, but we can't do that in the
current state of the language.

> * If you have you used other languages or libraries with a similar feature, how do you feel that this proposal compares to those?

Python.

> * How much effort did you put into your review? A glance, a quick reading, or an in-depth study?

I followed all discussions around the proposal from the start.

Dmitri