[swift-evolution] [SE-0011] Re-considering the replacement keyword for "typealias"

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Tue Dec 22 22:54:44 CST 2015

> I don’t see any problem in referring to the feature as associated types, but then having the syntax be just plain “type”.

I think it's been said before, but the problem with using a `type` keyword is that if you type "swift type" into Google (or any other search feature you might use for documentation), you're probably not going to get information about this feature specifically. "swift associated" or "swift associatedtype" are more likely to give you what you want.

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies