[swift-evolution] Lambda function syntax

Alexander Regueiro alexreg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 21:48:58 CST 2015

The standard map syntax is directly inspired by that of C#.

For Swift, I’d be relatively happy with something like the following (repeating what’s already been said I believe)

map ({ x => x + 5 })

or using trailing closure

map { x => x + 5 }

with the possibility of an additional single-line option:

map ( x => x + 5 )

(which is useful in the case of non-trailing-closure expressions).

Of course, I’d rather remove trailing closures altogether, but I suspect that won’t happen. :(