[swift-evolution] ternary operator ?: suggestion

Félix Cloutier felixcca at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 22 07:59:06 CST 2015

In my opinion, the operator has a future. Swift is merely moving away from C-style constructs that promote mutable state. This kind of inline switch expression actually reminds me of pattern matching constructs in functional languages, and it may pick up more steam if the proposal for single-expression functions from the functional folks goes in.

I personally like the hybrid approach.

Félix