[swift-evolution] Swift case conventions for Enums

Michael Wells michael at michaelwells.com
Mon Dec 21 17:58:48 CST 2015

I love that Swift has a published API design guidelines at https://swift.org/documentation/api-design-guidelines.html, but one thing about it bugs me: the use of UpperCamelCase for cases. I know this ship has long sailed, but why didn't the team choose lowerCamelCase for these? The current style seems inconsistent and requires an “instances are lowerCamelCase, aside from Enums” clarification.

-mw