[swift-evolution] Lambda function syntax

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Mon Dec 21 17:45:45 CST 2015

>  am open to whether the introducing keyword is “func” (overloading the existing keyword but in an evidently separate context, and unambiguously I believe) – or “lambda” (like Python), or “\” (like Haskell) – or even something like “cl” (for Closure).
The cool thing with Swift compared to other languages:
Apple could leave out surrogates and just change the key bindings for λ ;-)

Me to had some instinctive repulsion against putting arguments inside the curly braces, but it has benefits, and I bet it would be tough to change such a fundamental part of the language now