[swift-evolution] Final by default for classes and methods

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Mon Dec 21 11:15:44 CST 2015

> This discussion is around making classes final by default.  I also believe methods should be final by default but that is a separate discussion.  Let’s stay focused on the discussion about classes in this thread.

Sorry, I just noticed that the subject *does* discuss methods.  The thread has been focused on classes for a while now and I had forgotten the subject line.  If others really want to revive discussion around final by default for methods I will be happy to participate but I think it’s better to have separate threads if we’re going to do that in order to keep the conversation around each clear and focused.

The survey and analysis I posted was specifically discussing ‘final by default’ for classes, not methods.