[swift-evolution] Brace syntax

Charles Constant charles at charlesism.com
Sun Dec 20 06:01:49 CST 2015

> just not sure weather it would be good to put more complexity into Xcode

Braceless mode is sort of a special case. It could be useful, even for
people prefer braces, to temporarily hide some of the more, uh, decorative
elements - and vice versa.

The option to switch back and forth, for braces/significant whitespace is
helpful to both sides. As much as I like Python, it would be cool to be
able to "turn on braces" and double-check some section of my code with an
unusually high number of indentations. Likewise, I can imagine it being
useful to get rid of some vertical space for someone who otherwise likes
braces - e.g.: to scan through a Class that has a large number of getters /
setters (which just love to barf out newlines with braces in Swift).

And it would be quite like Apple to brand it "Pseudo-Code View" or
something.