[swift-evolution] [SE-0011] Re-considering the replacement keyword for "typealias"

Loïc Lecrenier loiclecrenier at icloud.com
Sun Dec 20 04:54:19 CST 2015

-1
I understand the idea. But we would still need a replacement for “typealias” because “Element: typealias” says “Element is a type alias” and not “Element is an associated type”.
Also, it would be difficult to add inheritance clauses and default values.
“Element is an associated type that conforms to SequenceType, and is an Array of Int by default”
is currently
typealias Element : SequenceType = Array<Int>
but I don’t see how it could be written with your proposed syntax.

- Loïc