[swift-evolution] Proposal: Rewrite Swift compiler in swift to get ideas for further language evolution.

Tino Heth 2th at gmx.de
Sun Dec 20 04:19:54 CST 2015

> Compiler code is probably more typical of what most programmers write than library code and so would be ideal for suggesting further language evolution ideas.
Bootstrapping is a large investment with little practical value beside demonstrating that "the child is mature enough for serious work".
That said, flying to the moon has little practical value as well, but I wouldn't say it was a stupid idea...
I'm quite sure that there will be a Swift compiler written in Swift somewhere in the future, and that it will be a proud moment for those involved in the language.