[swift-evolution] [Proposal idea] Improved interop for ErrorType->NSError

Charles Srstka cocoadev at charlessoft.com
Sun Dec 20 02:22:22 CST 2015

> On Dec 20, 2015, at 12:35 AM, Brent Royal-Gordon <brent at architechies.com> wrote:
>
> I don't know if it can actually be private, but it should be invisible to developers, and considered an implementation detail. It might also make sense to retrieve the `userInfo` from `swiftError` on demand—the exact implementation isn't very important here.

Whatever the solution is, it shouldn’t be invisible to developers. We need a good way to get non-NSError ErrorTypes to turn into NSErrors that have decently propagated userInfo dictionaries, so that they can be presented to the user in a form that isn’t just a cryptic “<domain> error <code>”.

Charles