[swift-evolution] [SE-0011] Re-considering the replacement keyword for "typealias"

Janosch Hildebrand jnosh at jnosh.com
Sat Dec 19 12:09:09 CST 2015

> On 19 Dec 2015, at 18:46, Loïc Lecrenier via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
> 1) Do you agree about using “associatedtype”?

I would be fine with either "associatedtype", "typeassociation" or "associated" but "associatedtype" is my favorite.

> 2) If not, which keyword would you prefer to use? why? (you can introduce a new one)

Not sure if that has been proposed before but "assoctype" might be another option that still includes the word "type" but is a bit shorter.
But personally I'd prefer "associatedtype" since it's clearer and it's not a keyword that is used often enough for the shortening to be worth it.

- Janosch