[swift-evolution] ternary operator ?: suggestion

Paul Ossenbruggen possen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 18:56:28 CST 2015

Thanks for your support!

I think parenthesis are preferred because braces are for bracketing lists of statements. Statements may or may not return values.

Having the conditional on the inside of the parens helps to show the begging of the demux operator rather than a floating conditional which is a common complaint with the ternary operator.