[swift-evolution] Proposal: Add .times method to Integer type

Ian Ynda-Hummel ianynda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 17:42:37 CST 2015

I think I'm -1 for this. It feels like something that should exist in a
utility library rather than in the standard one.

I do have an honest question that comes from ignorance rather than malice:
has anyone actually used .times in ruby outside of the context of learning
or testing? I've written a fair amount of ruby and I don't think I've ever
seen it in production code. It is definitely a cleaner construct for what
it's trying to do, but I'm having trouble convincing myself it's a common
enough pattern to justify it being standard.