[swift-evolution] [Pitch] Use enums as enum underlying types

Dennis Lysenko dennis.s.lysenko at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:03:20 CST 2015

Sean, it would, but then we get into the whole "Well, this throws
ChangePictureError, which could be a NetworkException, or a ParseException"
thing...sound at all familiar? "Well, this throws IOException, which could
be FileNotFoundException, MalformedURLException, ProtocolException,
ObjectStreamException, UnsupportedEncodingException, SSLException...". I
guess I am just saying there is still some work to be done with regards to
wrapping and rethrowing exceptions.

How would you catch a Parse with statusCode==401 in a catch statement?