[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Property behaviors

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Thu Dec 17 15:47:25 CST 2015

> Ideally it would come with basic initializer diagnostics that are easy to implement from the start.  That would limit any issues to initialization time which make me very happy and be a dramatic improvement over current state.

I should have also included a diagnostic for 'instance.x.delayed.initialize(x)' being called outside an initializer so we can catch the jerk who tries to do that at compile time.  :)

Thanks for all of your hard work on this Joe.  Property behaviors look really cool and I'm already looking forward to them.  I didn't mean to downplay that in my initial post.  I apologize if I did so by emphasizing a concern that wasn't addressed directly.

Strict compiler diagnostics for delayed would be really sweet icing on the cake.

Matthew