[swift-evolution] [Review] Require self for accessing instance members

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Wed Dec 16 15:17:20 CST 2015

> On Dec 16, 2015, at 1:13 PM, Douglas Gregor via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>

>> On Dec 16, 2015, at 12:22 PM, David Hart <david at hartbit.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> As author of the proposal, the community responses reflected the general feedback that existed at the point I created the proposal. I wasn’t sure if the subsequent feedback should better stay in the mailing list or be summarised back in the proposal.
>>
>> If someone from Apple can confirm what should be done, I wouldn’t mind updating the proposal to better reflect the 50/50 split and arguments of this monstrous thread :)
>
> I think it would be beneficial if you submit a pull request that amends the proposal with a discussion of the main counter-arguments that have come up with the discussion.
>
> My apologies, I probably should have asked for this before kicking off the review. We’re still working out the process here.

That said, I want to re-iterate that we consider *all* of the prior discussions on this topic. The point of including some of the counter-arguments in the main proposal is to clearly indicate that you’ve considered them and give a central place for you (as the proposal author) to state why they don’t weigh as heavily for you as your arguments in favor of the proposal.

	- Doug