[swift-evolution] [Proposal] Higher Kinded Types (Monads, Functors, etc.)

Will Fancher willfancher38 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:15:34 CST 2015

Could you elaborate on why you think it's out of scope? Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a very pressing feature. Being unable to write higher kinded abstractions has been a big issue with using Swift generics. It has been impossible to do various kinds of abstractions. It makes generics feel very incomplete, so I feel that it lines up well with the "complete generics" goal.