[swift-evolution] Proposal: Add @requires_super attribute

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Wed Dec 16 12:02:19 CST 2015

+1 from me. FWIW, the Objective-C one is syntactic.

Information from Radar: the request for this is rdar://problem/17408107 (plus a few duplicates). One of the dups suggests a variation where a subclass method can be declared as "refine" instead of "override" so that you can document that your own method is expected to call super. In this model, "@requires_super" could become something like "imposed". I personally think this doesn't add enough, especially since we wouldn't be publishing refine-vs-override in a library's public interface.

Jordan