[swift-evolution] Proposal: conversion protocol naming conventions

Erica Sadun erica at ericasadun.com
Tue Dec 15 21:46:59 CST 2015

I suggest you run this by team members to see if they want this as a bug report or a formal proposal. Either way, I suggest you offer the Swift.team a bunch of names in the order you prefer for the three cases (glomming together factory/init) without having to settle on any of them specifically.

This is kind of a no-brainer implementation-wise and I think offering better names for common protocol patterns is a big win for long-term language coherence. Swift.central has a history of improving names and I suspect there's at least one or two members who drove those efforts.

-- E, who thinks you're in good shape to move forward either way