[swift-evolution] ternary operator ?: suggestion

Matthew Johnson matthew at anandabits.com
Tue Dec 15 15:44:07 CST 2015

> IMO, in order to consider removing ternary, we’d have to introduce something that is *better* than the current ternary operator first.

Do you have any thoughts about what might constitute *better* in your mind no matter how vague they might be?  Mostly curious about this.

I always have to stop and think if I encounter a chained ternary expression but never do when I encounter chained if statements.  Maybe that’s just because I encounter them pretty infrequently but IMO it seems to indicate that the search for something better is worthwhile.

Matthew