[swift-evolution] Proposal to remove semicolons

Mosab Elagha mosabelagha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 03:58:17 CST 2015

>> In that case why did you accept to remove for loop c style and ++/--
operators? It is the same reasoning.

Although I wish ++/-- were still with us, those are arbitrary indicators
for += 1, so removing them would make code more clear in its intention.

Having a semicolon at the end of a line in Swift does not make any
difference in code clarity - in fact I know many who prefer to put the
semicolon, as they would like a surefire way to see the end of a
statement/line of code when working or reviewing code. It's purely a matter
of preference and removing it would give no benefit.

-1
-Mosab Elagha