[swift-evolution] Proposal to remove semicolons

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 11:24:52 CST 2015

Semicolons are already optional at the end of lines and only required to separate multiple statements on the same line (and for C for loops, but changing the grammar of those or removing them is a different topic.

If your proposal is to make a semicolon at the end of a single line invalid syntax, that's fine with me, although it seems like an unnecessarily small change to the grammar (and something better handled by a linter). If your proposal is to remove the semicolon as a way to separate multiple statements on the single line, then -1.

Austin