[swift-evolution] Mailman?

Paul Cantrell cantrell at pobox.com
Mon Dec 14 09:51:15 CST 2015

> On Dec 14, 2015, at 4:07 AM, Jeremy Pereira via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>
> +1 for mailing lists.
>
> a) they work offline
> b) the mails are right there in my inbox in the morning, no new workflow is needed
> c) Apple mail automatically groups the mail by thread so that problem is a non issue for me.

All true, a-c.

Keep in mind, though, that Github issues and other similar mechanisms can still deliver messages to your inbox, and let you reply to them there. They look almost exactly like mailing lists if (like me) you’re an Apple Mail user.

However, they also let you subscribe/unsubscribe to individual threads (my dear wish on this list), and let people with a different preferred workflows use their tool of choice.

Cheers, P