[swift-evolution] Proposal: Re-instate mandatory self for accessing instance properties and functions

Andrew Brown a.br at me.com
Mon Dec 14 02:01:05 CST 2015

This discussion isn't going to be solved quickly so +1 for a compiler flag.
I'd propose the flag generates an error if member variables are accessed without self.
Then after some time we can survey the community (or scan GitHub) to see how many people use the flag.
(making it a preference in Xcode would also help)

ABR.