[swift-evolution] Proposal: Universal dynamic dispatch for method calls

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Dec 14 01:12:35 CST 2015

On Dec 13, 2015, at 10:03 PM, Chris Lattner via swift-evolution <swift-evolution at swift.org> wrote:
>> How do you evaluate language features for it? I think of these questions about protocol extensions, and trying to predict the resulting programmer model seems a fool’s errand.
>
> Adding a feature can produce surprising outcomes.

I forgot the most important part.  The most important aspect of evaluating something new is to expose it to ridiculously smart people, to see what they think.

For best effect, they should come from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, and be willing to share their thoughts in a clear and direct way.  This is one of the biggest benefits of all of swift being open source - public design and open debate directly leads to a better programming language.

-Chris