[swift-evolution] Proposal: label-only constructors

ilya ilya.nikokoshev at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 10:07:12 CST 2015

Good point on that. I still think the best solution is to take the existing
syntax of

struct Key {
    init(forRSA:Void) { /* */ }
    init(forCurve25519:Void) { /* */ }
    init(forAES:Void) { /* */ }
}

let a = Key(forRSA: ())

or

let empty: Void = ()
let c = Key(forAES: empty)

and make it somewhat easier to read.  Perhaps

let b = Key(forCurve25519: _ )

I think many people will read Key(forAES) as Key.init(_: forAES), so that
may be not the best expression here.