[swift-evolution] Remove default case in switch-case

Jeremy Pereira jeremy.j.pereira at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 11 06:53:39 CST 2015

-1 from me.

- The meaning of “default” is more understandable and readable
- You can already use "case _" if you really want
- pretty much  the entire existing Swift codebase would need to be changed if default was removed (and the existing code base will be much bigger by the time Swift 3 comes in).

I know backward compatibility isn’t considered to be a bar to accepting changes to Swift, but this does not mean it should be simply dismissed.