[swift-evolution] [Review] SE-0007 Remove C-style for-loops with conditions and incrementers

thorsten at portableinnovations.de thorsten at portableinnovations.de
Fri Dec 11 01:55:05 CST 2015

I revoked my support for two reasons: One, worries about performance which has in the meantime been confirmed by David Owens II to suffer considerably, and Two, by repeated suggestions of using defer for the incrementing clause even though it changes semantics.
Removing the for-loop would therefore mean that we lose a construct needed in cases whe high performance is requird and that instead of incrasing readability we would decrease it in those cases where defer would be misused.

-Thorsten