[swift-evolution] multi-line string literals

Travis Tilley ttilley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 00:33:49 CST 2015

I had been operating on the assumption that a leading blank line would be
stripped if present, since the syntax in code would look much cleaner, but
a trailing line would not since it would likely be intentional. I guess
that's another detail that would need to be fleshed out if we decide to go
with triple quote syntax (which, at this point, isn't a given... chris
lattner brings up some very good points that might require more involved,
potentially heredoc-like, syntax to solve).

Your fourth rule, however, I don't agree with at all. It should be obvious
from where you place the final quotes whether or not the string includes a
trailing newline. Just like in ruby, I believe in and value the principle
of least surprize.

- Travis Tilley