[swift-evolution] Foundation and value types

David Smith david_smith at apple.com
Thu Dec 10 19:58:44 CST 2015

There's certainly plenty of room for optimization in bridging of specific types, which could help these general cases (e.g. an Array<NSString> being cast to Array<String> would be sped up by improvements to NSString->String bridging performance, and so on). I've identified various improvements that could be made over the last year or so, and I'm sure profiling would turn up more in short order.

	David