[swift-evolution] Proposal: Weak Native Swift Containers

Riley Testut rileytestut at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 19:51:28 CST 2015

FWIW, I don’t think it was directly tied to being unable to support weak references to protocol types, but rather was a side-effect (I know I had to change it from “protocol TestProtocol: class” to “protocol TestProtocol: AnyObject” to satisfy some of the compiler errors, but doing that still preventing me from using the protocol directly in certain situations). However, I can no longer reproduce the issue, so it’s possible it was a bug in Swift that has been subsequently fixed.