[swift-evolution] fcntl() should be added to the standard library.

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Thu Dec 10 19:17:31 CST 2015

I agree Chris’s points here.

One of the original reasons the SDK Overlay was conceived was to help massage the interface between C APIs (such as ones using variadics) and Swift.  This seems right in that category.  I think for changes like this all that is needed is a code owner to review these changes.  I don’t think this needs to go through the swift-evolution process unless it is a major API change.

Bill: do you still have a pull request handy for this change?

Ted