[swift-evolution] SR-104: Improve Crash-Safety when Importing Objective-C Code Without Nullability Attributes

Michał Kałużny maku at justmaku.org
Thu Dec 10 15:33:07 CST 2015

I, on the other hand, totally agree with this proposal, even though it would break a lot of existing code. I believe that forcing the unwrap doesn’t cost much, especially with the new guard syntax introduced in Swift 2.0. This is obviously not a change that can be done in a minor release, but because we are in process of getting Swift 3.0 I believe we could introduce such behavior. This would somewhat force both Apple and 3rd party developers to make them use the nullability keywords even more in their code.

Regards,
M.