[swift-evolution] SR-104: Improve Crash-Safety when Importing Objective-C Code Without Nullability Attributes

Guillaume Lessard glessard at tffenterprises.com
Thu Dec 10 15:11:55 CST 2015

> On 10 déc. 2015, at 12:52, Fabian Ehrentraud <Fabian.Ehrentraud at willhaben.at> wrote:
>
> Guillaume, could you elaborate on "discussing the status quo as an alternative", it sounds good, but I'm not sure I completely got what you mean :-)

I mean that the ‘alternatives’ section should explicitly compare the merits of leaving things as-is as compared to going ahead with the proposal. For 3rd-party libraries with limited API, importing unannotated functions as optional sounds good. However, with large frameworks (obviously including Cocoa), I think the community needs to be convinced that it will be an improvement.

Cheers,
Guillaume Lessard