[swift-evolution] repeat loop enhancement

thorsten at portableinnovations.de thorsten at portableinnovations.de
Thu Dec 10 09:43:57 CST 2015

Why not define a times() or timesRepeat() method on Int taking a closure to execute multiple times, like Erica recently posted and which is common in other languages like Ruby, Smalltalk or (I think) Scala:

5.times { ... }

or

5.timesRepeat { ... }

That reads quite naturally and does not need any language extension.

-Thorsten