[swift-evolution] Proposal: An Either Type in the STL

Developer devteam.codafi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:42:34 CST 2015

A tuple is a product, we want a sum here.  A tuple says “I know I have 2 things”, a sum says “I know one or the other of these things is here but not both” without the need to unwrap both halves just to check.  Past a certain point, you’re writing Either code over and over again without realizing it.