[swift-evolution] ? suffix for <, >, <=, >= comparisons with optionals to prevent subtle bugs

thorsten at portableinnovations.de thorsten at portableinnovations.de
Wed Dec 9 11:44:24 CST 2015

That's why I would prefer that optionals are not comparable by default.

Then I would simply have to write

let ps = peeps.filter { $0.pet?.age.map { age in age < 6 } ?? false }

making the intended semantics explicit, which is necessary IMHO because there is no default semantics for comparing nil with something else (depending on my specific use case I might have chosen to return true in the nil case).

-Thorsten