[swift-evolution] Proposal: Implement == and < for tuples where possible, up to some high arity

plx plxswift at icloud.com
Tue Dec 8 08:27:19 CST 2015

FWIW — and without trying to address why the absolute size is what it is — at least in my experience, "generic families” like “== for tuples of length 2 , … n“ seem to require size that reliably grows as O(n^2).

On the one hand, this growth pattern doesn't actually seem *surprising* (think about it); but, on the other hand, I’d also be curious to know if the ABI changes for Swift 3 will have any significant impact on the *absolute* size of such constructs (or if other features will provide other solutions).