[swift-evolution] HTTP webserver protocol's

Brent Royal-Gordon brent at architechies.com
Mon Dec 7 18:49:24 CST 2015

> Since the linux port is available everybody is implementing their own HTTP server framework https://github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=http+language%3Aswift. I think introducing a default http web server protocol(swift protocol) in the stdlib, something like rack(ruby) or plug(elixir), would prevent a lot of fragmentation in interfaces.

This kind of thing seems to be out of scope for the core Swift project, just as the request for a common logging system was.

(However, I took a crack at this problem a few months ago, and managed to get something running on GCDWebServer: https://github.com/brentdax/WebResponder)

--
Brent Royal-Gordon
Architechies