[swift-evolution] Proposal: Change of syntax for class protocols

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:41:54 CST 2015

I prefer the original syntax. It's easier to parse at a glance that the reference is a protocol and emphasizes the primacy of the protocol, with 'class' being a modifier on the type. I do think, though, that "protocol P : class" is inconsistent with Joe's proposed "typealias TA : class" or "func<T : class>", as the list of things following "protocol P" isn't a constraint like the other two examples. So I could see a compelling reason for going either way.

Austin