[swift-evolution] Overloading assignment operator

Don Wills don.wills at portablesoftware.com
Mon Dec 7 08:15:55 CST 2015

Thanks to all who replied.  I apologize that my responses were disjoint - my spam checker delayed a couple of the messages until this morning.

To those who suggested literal convertibles, I believe Stephen is correct in that it is insufficient to accomplish the semantics that I want with the syntax I had hoped for.  It is about more than just initialization.  I'll probably just use ":=" as the assignment operator.  Not optimal, but it works.

Don