[swift-evolution] C-style For Loops

Clemens Wagner clemens.wagner.2 at gmx.de
Sun Dec 6 04:02:23 CST 2015

> We’ve developed a number of Swift apps for various clients over the past year and have not needed C style for loops either.

But I think this is a very weak reason for *removing* any portion like C-loops and increment or decrement operators of a programming language. How about the developers and the productive code which used C-style loops already?

I understand the reasons why you, Erica and the others don’t like C-style loops. But changing the philosophy of a productive programming language is a very bad idea.

Cheers
Clemens