[swift-evolution] Generic `typealias`s

Austin Zheng austinzheng at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 00:03:18 CST 2015

A few clarifying addenda:

1. the comment "// identical to x : Dictionary<String : Int> = ..." should be "// identical to x : Dictionary<String, Int> = ..."

2. For proposal #2, the compiler should require that all type parameter aliases declared on the LHS of the "=" be used when declaring the underlying type on the RHS of the "=".

3. For proposal #2, the only valid values for the type arguments when declaring the underlying type on the RHS of the "=" are type parameter aliases declared on the LHS, and valid concrete types.

Best,
Austin