[swift-evolution] NDAs, Open Source, and the Iron Curtain

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Fri Dec 4 17:29:46 CST 2015

> On Dec 3, 2015, at 5:00 PM, Erica Sadun <erica at ericasadun.com> wrote:
>
> Can we take it as a given that all language development is now out and in the clear and that, outside of specific dev-tool enhancements, we will transparently see the full progression of incorporated, proposed, and planned changes through this list, the repo, and the swift.org <http://swift.org/> site?

Hi Erica,

Nothing on swift.org or github is protected by an swift or apple NDA, we intend to do swift language design, evolution, and implementation in the open.

On the topic of Xcode, as usual, Apple folks don’t talk about or commit about future tools plans.  Also, when you get an Xcode beta or final release from apple, you’re still subject to its terms.

-Chris